Vamchoir Sings Praises Of Vampires EVERYWHERE!

All content on this blog, vamchoir.blogspot.com, is copyrighted 2016 by Tami Jackson. All rights reserved. Home page? RevampShebang@gmail.com

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vampires Rant On The Topic of "Beauty"

Dear Fans ~

I am typing this on my new laptop while ancient vampires pace the floor nearby. We're inside the mansion's red Victorian gallery, which features a few well-padded lounges (and I'm sitting upon one of them). I'm also surrounded by the most inspiring and incredible Victorian art. It makes me hold whatever breath I don't have just to admire the craftsmanship.

Currently a couple of arguing vampires happen to be standing right next to me. They were ranting about things that really don't matter to anyone in the modern era but only to them. Now, however, they changed the subject and seem to be agreeing with one another about what defines "beauty." Here's a tidbit from what's being said right now:

Flynn: According to Confucius: "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." 


Isiah: That's utterly true!


Flynn: Well then perhaps you can enlighten me. I don't see beauty in a hairy boil that's infesting some pale and wrinkled dead cheek! 

Isiah: Confucius is just saying that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you change your perspective, even a little, that hairy boil can be seen as utterly delicious.


Flynn: What on Earth? How so? 


Isiah: If you're a gnat or leach seeking to devour flesh, you might regard that extra plump boil you just described as beautiful and possibly even tasty.

Flynn: There's no way I'm going to lower myself to think like a gnat, or even a human, just to please Confucious.

Isiah: Suit yourself. 


Flynn: People only gaze upon surface observations. As their favored saying goes: "beauty is only skin deep." In contrast, you and I both know that what is really beautiful is whatever's going on beneath that skin. Boils are NOT beautiful because they're filled with puss and other nasty things too eager to ooze their way out from below.

Isiah: Now that idea -- that people perceive beauty differently than us -- is true. Like you, I realize that surface beauty has too many hindrances to meet the definition of what's truly attractive. Instead of looking at a person's skin, vampires perceive of any breathing, heart-beating, meal-generating person to be beautiful, and the fatter the better!

Flynn: Too bad humans who feel physically insecure do not see their worth through the admiring eyes of vampires. Personal-esteem would skyrocket if they did.

Z-z-z. Okay. I've wasted enough time listening to those two. Ross (the pianist) is meeting me in the music hall in another three minutes. We're practicing for tonight's performance when neighboring clans will gather here and mingle (so I've got to rush off). 

Later ~

Vamchoir
(aka Ravena Doomlah)

blog: http://vamchoir.blogspot.com
tweet: http://Twitter.com/vamchoir
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/vamchoir
publisher: http://SunTigerMOJO.com

No comments:

Famous Vampire Quotation

Famous Vampire Quotation